Sunday, November 9, 2014

A Hospital Visit

Hospital Visit

I am in the hospital. It is a place I am quite familiar with. I am only about 5 or 6 years old. There are many hospital beds near me. I see other people lying in beds as well. I look to my left and I see a doctor, smiling at me, and talking to someone to my right. I look. It’s my mom and dad. I am happy to see them again. I just woke up a bit ago, and what I can remember is being is in a room with a bunch of doctors a while back. I had a needle in my chest, and they had just put “milky medicine” in it.  I don’t know why, but I don’t remember what happened. Why would that be? The milky medicine being injected in is the last thing I remember. It felt calming and then I closed my eyes. Anyways, back to my parents and the hospital bed. They have the things I look forward to after these, what I think are called….spinal taps? I don’t know. I’m always excited for them because I get things from my parents afterwards. Ooh, there they are! The gifts! They are small boxes of sugary cereal, usually Froot Loops, and Pokémon cards. I’m excited to see them. My parents are happy to see me smiling and awake. I give them a hug and a kiss. It is nice to see them. I know why I am here, but not what the spinal tap was for. I have leukemia. My parents take me here a lot to help me feel better. I like the nurses and doctors that I have met. The one to my left is very familiar to me. I remember her in the room with all of the other doctors. I wonder when the next operation like this will be. I don’t get sugary cereals or Pokémon cards too often, especially since I usually only get enough money for Pokémon cards. I hope it’s soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment